Environmental Health Association of Ireland
Complaints Handling Policy
The EHAI welcomes comments, compliments and complaints from customers, trainers, learners, the public and industry about the services provided by the EHAI.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers, the public and industry. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Any comment or complaint will be viewed as an opportunity to continuously improve the quality of the services that we provide and to learn lessons so as to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
Complaints, criticisms or suggestions, whether oral or written will be taken seriously, handled appropriately and sensitively. The essential elements of the EHAI complaints system will be those that ensure:
· coherent and comprehensive coverage;
· consistent approach;
· customer and service provider focus;
· fairness and impartiality;
· accessibility, flexibility and transparency;
· improvements in service as a result of learning from complaints
If you have a complaint, please contact the Honorary Secretary with the details.
Honorary Secretary, EHAI, Heraghty House, 4 Carlton Terrace, Novara Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow. 01 2761211 firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Officer Board who will review your complaint.
- The EHAI Chairman will then contact you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. S/he will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within 5 days of the discussion, the EHAI Chairman will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions s/he has agreed with you.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
1st May 2011
Click here for Printable version of Complaints Policy