Please note that EHAI does not provide any advice, representation, endorsement, recommendation or opinion in connection with advertised positions.
If you would like to advertise a job relating to Environmental Health please forward details to firstname.lastname@example.org Advertisements older than 30 days will be expired
Date 5th November 2013
Applications are being sought for the position of Facilitator of the Environmental Law Implementation Group (ELIG).
ELIG is a joint initiative between The Environmental Pillar, An Taisce, and The Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government. The overarching objective of ELIG (and the ELIG process) is to assist in the protection and enhancement of Ireland’s environment by seeking to improve the transposition, implementation and enforcement of Environmental Law. This is a one year contract, renewable, subject to performance and funding.
Job Title: Facilitator of the Environmental Law Implementation Group
Responsible to: The Environmental Pillar/An Taisce (EPAT) Management Committee for ELIG
Job Location: The offices of the Irish Environmental Network (IEN), The Macro Building, 1 Green St, Dublin 7
Summary of the general nature, main purpose and objectives of the role:
1. To provide a driving focus for the EPAT ELIG initiative.
2. To facilitate EPAT members to enable them to engage effectively with ELIG.
3. To deliver on a work plan to include at least the work modules below.
List of the main duties or tasks of the Facilitator of the ELIG:
1. To produce quarterly agreed and documented statement of progress, outstanding issues and proposals on the status of existing cases and key complaints.
2. To act as curator on CJEU cases with EPAT members.
3. To conduct a quarterly survey of EPAT members and report on early warnings of issues emerging or re-emerging.
4. To identify areas where the absence of law is an issue.
5. To enable engagement with relevant key legislation and consultations, to ensure environmental considerations are included and optimised.
6. To organise training for EPAT members on key elements of environmental law and processes.
7. To organise and conduct at least 2 targeted think-tank/workshops per annum on specific areas of current concern.
8. To track the CJEU, national courts and the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee and to alert EPAT members of relevant developments in these key institutions.
9. To maintain the public face of ELIG including through a stand-alone website; which will make available all relevant public documents regarding ELIG and its work.
10. To manage the ELIG budget in consultation with the IEN Administrator and to report at least quarterly to the (EPAT) Management Committee for ELIG.
11. To carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the (EPAT) Management Committee for ELIG.
A full job description and explanatory document can be found on http://www.activelink.ie/content/vacancies/interest-groups/14121
Applications by CV and cover letter only, should be submitted to: Jobs@ien.ie
Closing Date 5.30 pm, 15 November 2013.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Date 2nd August 2013
Green Careers Ireland
Green Careers Ireland has recently expanded it's website to cater for environmental research/ academic positions (www.greencareersireland.com). As always it is free to submit vacancies.
Green Careers Ireland already provides Ireland's largest database of environmental jobs and internships. If you haven't already visited our website, we invite you to do so at www.greencareersireland.com. Also, join us on Ireland's largest green jobs facebook and twitter communities.
FB: Like us here!
Date 30th July 2013
KN Network Services Health & Safety
Environmental Health Officer - Wellington NZ
Please find below the link for the vacany of Environmental Health Officer in the Wellington City Council. To complete the application proecess, please follow the link below:
Once in the link, complete the registration process, then apply for the position of 'Environmental Health Officer - Public Health', Job ID 1175 by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button on the top or bottom of the job ad.
Celebrity Cruises is currently accepting applications for the Environmental Officers position.
This role is a non-watch standing Officer who serves as an Environmental Specialist reporting to the Master with responsibility for oversight and verification of company environmental policies, procedures and systems onboard each ship. The qualifications of this Officer position will follow all international and national conventions and regulations and have a an Environmental Management or Environmental Engineering degree. http://jooble-ie.com/search-vacancy-ie/kw-environmental-health-officer
Source of Enivonmental Health Opportunities - UK
A good resource website for Environmental Health vacancies in UK can be sourced at http://www.ehn-jobs.com/